“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
August for me was a mixed package, it had its own share of ups and downs. But the good thing about the month is I learnt a lot from it. Being thankful to the little things helped me to stay focussed and remain calm during this month.
- This month started with bonalu festival in India. I am glad I could attend this festival after so many years. During this festival I got to know that my girl doesn’t get scared to hold a roaster or pat a goat. She was enjoying all the little things where ever possible during the festival.
- The next day after the festival, I had to travel back to US. I had a hectic schedule but I could manage it. I was a bit emotional this time as I would be missing all my near and dear ones. I was a bit scared to travel alone with the kid even though it was not my first time. Luckily, I met a friend of mine who was traveling with her kids to Bloomington. So, what was supposed to be a pressure trip became a pleasure trip for us.
- Throughout the journey my girl was very cooperative and well behaved. I was surprised to see when she was handling her own luggage trolley after we reached our destination. How can I forget the co passenger during our flight? He was a student and was very helpful during the journey. My journey wouldn’t have been this smooth without him. Thank You R.
- We had Jet lag for the first few days, all the schedule was at mess due to the odd timings. But I am thankful that within few days everything was back to normal.
- I lost a lot of weight during the last few months, this is a bad sign because I am already lean and to put on the weight is not so easy for me. One good thing is that the over all health is good, so I am thankful for that.
- We had a major blow regarding her academics. I, as a mom did not expect this to happen and so was not prepared for it. We had to take important decisions regarding her and had a very short time to handle everything. Till date I am still not sure whether it was the correct decision or not. May be what ever happens, it happens for good I guess. So Fingers Crossed.
- Her school started this month and this time she is going in a bus. Her school starts early and we have to be ready by 7:00 AM, so our mornings are super busy. I am thankful to the husband who helps her to get ready every morning, a helping hand during the rush hour is always a blessing.
- Our story sessions are back. This time the sessions are more organized with lot of activities and goodies. I am thankful to the parents as they are ready to volunteer during the session in every-way possible.
What are you grateful for this month? Let me know in the comments.