Compared to last year, 2017 has been a good year for me. Started my year with a Gratitude Journal which helped me to stay positive during the tough times. It also helped me to think about life in a different perspective. Two important lessons I learned from this year are letting go of the things which are not in my control. It is something which I took a lot of time to accept, but once I got this in my head, things have become easier to me. Secondly, it is about Living in the present, this simplifies life a lot. Sometimes thinking a lot about the past or about future increases our stress levels. Instead of that, if I concentrate on the present, I can create more happy memories for myself.
As there are just a few hours left for the New year, It is time for me to write down the highlights of my year in this post thanking the year 2017.
- Starting with photography, After buying my DSLR in 2015, I did not use it for one year. However, in 2017 I decided I will start exploring this gadget and use it to create memories. After watching the tutorials online and simultaneously clicking photos of my daughter and her little friends, now I am comfortable to take photographs in the manual mode. Though they are not perfect and there is still a lot to learn, I am happy with the progress.
- When I first donated my Hair in 2016 to the cancer patients, I promised myself that I have to donate my hair every year. I am happy that I could donate my hair this year too. Hoping that my hair grows faster and I can donate 12 inches of my hair by the end of 2018.
- This year we got a chance to explore major places in the US. We went on two big vacations one is the west coast trip and the other one was the Disney trip to Florida. Our west coast trip was one of the best trips to date as it was perfectly planned road trip covering the important places. Disney World in Florida is one place which is loved by everyone. We had an amazing time in this little fairy world, covering all the amusement parks.
- Playdates are something which I am very proud of this year. We casually started them in 2015 to keep our kids occupied and that has become very structured this year. We were very happy that we were able to teach the kids on various topics during our playdates. Our little kids got so addicted to playdates that whether it rains or snows they wanted us to conduct playdates with interesting activities. I am lucky to say that I got lovely mom friends who are ready to come up with ideas for the playdates.
- This year was very crucial for us as we had to decide on my daughter’s school. After a lot of thinking, we were able to take a decision on it. As it was a different school from the previous year, she took time to get adjusted to the new environment. Now that she got used to the curriculum she loves everything about her school. I saw major changes in her as soon as she turned five this year, the biggest milestone was that she started reading soon after her birthday.
- This year I started conducting my weekly storytime for my daughter and her little friends. It was once a part of our playdates but now it became a separate session every Friday. I am thankful to Anamika for inspiring me to conduct the storytime for the little ones. I am also thankful for the kids who are always excited about my story session and eagerly wait for the activities to do.
- Lastly blogging wise, I started writing my gratitude posts for which I thank Vidya for inspiring it. My DIY crafts have reduced because of the busy schedules. I wrote a lot of posts related to Kids activities and Children’s books. There are days when I took a break from blogging due to my other commitments, but I always had this starting problem which comes over after a mini-break, this is something which I need to take care in 2018.
How did your 2017 go? What did you learn from that year? Would like to hear about it in my comments section.