“Sometimes we just have to stop and appreciate all the good things in life.”
So let me be thankful for all the memorable moments in this month.
- This month for the first time my daughter saw Ravan Dahan. She was very excited about Ravan and was asking me many questions about him. She also named the sword which Ravan had in his hand as Bahubali Sword.
- Just before Diwali my girl kept mehendi on her hands for the very first time. She loved it so much that she already asked me to keep another mehendi once this fades off. I miss all these little things which we do back in India, but here we rarely find them. I am blessed to have friends who still follow these traditions here. I am thankful to my two special friends without which this Mehendi would just be a dream for both of us.
View this post on Instagram
It was her first Mehendi experience just before Diwali. She was very curious about the Mehendi and asked me a lot of questions through out the Mehendi session. She loved it so much that she asked me to apply one more Mehendi once this fades off. Now, I guess it's the time for another Mehendi session with my little one. . . . . #wearerealmoms #WARM_NOV2017 #diwali #NovemberPhotoChallenge #mehendi #kindergartener #indiantradition
- Most of my play date kids birthday’s were in this month, so it was a month filled with birthdays, games and get-togethers. The kids miss our play dates now because of their hectic schedules, but thanks to these mini get-togethers the kids had their share of fun and joy.
- My annual Diwali Bommala koluvu went on well as per planned. I was happy that the parcel from India came just on time. It was fun to have friends around especially during the festival times. The Paan laddu which I made for the prasad was a huge hit. This was a long pending dessert which I wanted to try since last year. I am thankful to this blogger friend for the wonderful Paan laddu recipe.
- Most of the October weather was good, especially during Diwali. We were able to firecrackers outside with friends. I was seeing a mini, India on Diwali at our community with lots of lights, crackers, and fun.
- Diwali hangover was still there at my home even after one week. So I made the best use of it by making my girl write her first journal on Diwali. She loved the idea and enjoyed the little writing about Diwali every night. Finally, after a week we completed our journal.
View this post on Instagram
Finally we are done with our handmade Diwali Journal.. The best part of this journal is that she wrote it all by herself 😍👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻. .. .. .. .. .. To know more about what she wrote, see my instastories☝️️☝️️ .. .. .. .. #afterdiwali ,#diwalihangover,#diwalijournal, #kindergarten ,#littlewriter #nofilter #WARM_NOV2017 #wearerealmoms
- I finally started weekly storytime for kids this month. This was pending since a long time and now I got the chance to implement it. I am thankful to my friend for inspiring me to start this for my little friends.