Last week I and my daughter made this DIY Magnetic Solar System for our Solar System Playdate.
- White Paper
- Various circled shape objects
- Hot glue
- Dry Erase Marker
- Draw sun and Circles in various sizes on a white paper randomly. These circles are our planets. We were following the Solar System book by Jill Mcdonald which includes Pluto as a planet describing it as a dwarf planet very far away from the sun. So we planned to include Pluto too in our Solar System.
- I asked my daughter to color it using the crayons.
- I outlined the artwork with a black sketch to give it a nice finishing.
- Cut the planets and the sun carefully using scissors.
- I had a broken magnetic board at home which had two magnetic strips backside. I used this magnetic strips for this craft work.
- I cut the magnetic strips into small pieces and glued them to the sun and the planets using hot glue.
- On an easel, draw the orbits and place the sun and the other planets in its orbits.
- We did not include the Pluto planet because it would be confusing the kids.
- Our moveable DIY magnetic solar system is ready for our Solar System Playdate.