As spring is almost here, I wanted a book related to the spring season for my little one. During my visit to the local library, I found a book titled ‘When Spring Comes’ written by Kevin Henkes. We borrowed and read this book on an unusually sunny winter afternoon. It neatly describes the changes that take place when spring arrives with bright and colorful illustrations throughout the whole book. As we were experiencing these changes currently, it was a treat for both of us to read and correlate to this book.
I drew the outline of the tree trunk on a paper. We used a pink color for the cherry blossoms and added a bit of white paint to bring out different shades of pink.She dipped the cotton bud into the paint and dabbed it onto the paper to make the cherry blossoms.
- Cut the white paper to the size of the cardboard.
- Color the paper blue with color pencil and glue it to the cardboard.
- Paint the pistachio shells with water paints.
- Cut the straws into small pieces.
- Cut open the straws and use a glue gun to stick it on the cardboard.
- Place the pistachio shells to form a flower using a glue gun.
- Draw the branches and leaves with markers.