I wanted to start my year by doing something good, so the first thing I did is maintaining a gratitude journal. It’s been a month since I started writing it, and I can say it has a lot of positive impact on me. There are many moments which brought smile on my face. I am thankful to all these memorable moments which make my life more meaningful.
- I came across this orphanage recently and was touched by the way they are helping other people. I wanted to make their new year special by sponsoring them food, cake and some games. Things went according to the plan except games, but when they told me that the kids had a nice time, it made my day.
- Finally, my daughter started sleeping in her bed so it’s a big achievement for us. It feels so nice to see when the kids are becoming independent.
- I started to draft some future posts for my blog. Last year I could not concentrate much on my blog, there were many months without any posts or updates. I lost some followers over a period of time. So hoping that these drafts would help me whenever I am on writers block.
- January is very special to me as it’s my birthday month. I had a memorable time with my kiddo and hubby at home. I was very happy when she wanted to make a small card/letter for me with her own drawings.
- I am happy that we reduced a lot of screen time at home. Now we get more time to do many things especially talking to each other and spending time with each other.
- I had twitter account for my blog from day one but never used it much. This month I started to be more active on Twitter and I am glad I met amazing bloggers here.
- A virtual friend of mine donated her hair for the cancer patients. She wanted to do this for a long time, We spoke about it and I told her about my donation. Finally she donated 15″ in India. It’s nice to see her to do this, very few people can do it . When I saw her message after the cut I was so proud of her.
- Generally the January temperatures will be very low. But to our surprise, one weekend we had temperature around 60F. It was a jackpot to us. We made sure to utilize this day to max by spending our day out.
- This time the winter is bad when compared to last year. I am glad we are done with January.
What are the things your are thankful this January?