I got this cardboard when I bought my kid a table n chair . This cardboard was lying in my craft room for many days as i wanted to do something useful from it. Luckily as we arrange play dates every week along with some kids activities, i got this idea of making puppet theater for kids. I was very happy with the output as it is now transformed from a waste cardboard to a cute puppet theater .
- Scissors/xacto knife
- Color paper
- Take a cardboard of approximate length 20 inches and breadth 24 inches .
- Draw a rectangle on the upper half of the cardboard of approximate length 18 inches and breadth 12 inches . Cut the rectangle carefully with the help of xacto knife .
- I had to take two thin strips of cardboard to support its two sides ( breadth) .
- Paste the strips at the back of the cardboard ( breadth) as shown in pic 4
- After the above procedure the cardboard looks like this ( see below pic) the rectangle opening is the screen.
- I used a yellow color paper and a printed paper to decorate it.
- Take 2 red printed papers and pleat the paper into folds about 1 n 1/2 cm wide.
- Carefully glue these pleated paper on either side at the backside of the screen.
- Staple the pleated paper to form a curtain .